Hear ye, hear ye! Our first group of new English majors arrived on campus on June 26, and not only posed for the charming picture above, but also generated a healthy list of facts, and perhaps a few falsehoods, about themselves. See if you can figure out which is which. If you see them on campus in August, make a point to say hello!
- Two are related to farmers, while another has never seen a cow.
- Their high school graduation classes range from 46 seniors to 1500.
- One is has a cat named after a Tolkien character.
- One is an Italian that speaks German fluently; another is a Republican from Texas.
- Two identify as half-Asian.
- Someone’s grandfather was a polar bear hunter.
- One still uses her childhood swing set.
- Someone has an extra bone in his/her knee.
- They come with a full set of animal-themed nicknames, including: Turtle, Mouse, Duck, Godzilla, Olive, and Jeffy.